The Human Sun Institute
From Saniel and Linda Ma
We are happy to announce the creation of a series of foundational source-teaching courses to become the core curriculum of our Human Sun Institute. Our goal is to establish virtual seminars that will stand as evergreen courses, permanently available to anyone interested in one or another aspect of our offerings. So far over 2015-16 we’ve completed three courses, a fourth is currently in progress and available, and a fifth is in the planning stages.
Our Core Curriculum can be seen as a kind of quadrant grid. On the left are the essential offerings, and on the right the intensive ones. On the top are the life-enhancing offerings, and on the bottom are the life-transforming ones. The foundational source-teaching course in each quadrant is listed here as its “main seminar.” At the bottom of each quadrant below is a tag line that indicates the kinds of life-enhancements or life-transformations focused on in that quadrant. The “other offerings” are present or planned courses and publications in various media that serve the same focus or aspiration.
The whole structure is nothing other than a progressive journey into the Heart. It's a way of meeting people in the pain and the yearnings, the lack and the aspirations, that they already know about. None of this is merely an intellectual construct. All of it is a vehicle for the same White-Hot Heart-transmission that we can't help but be exponents of 24/7, no matter what's going on in our ordinary human everyday lives. We feel so profoundly blessed to have come to a place in our lives and our work where we can outline all this for you -- and so be able to help you make use of our help and awakened service in whatever way or ways are right for you right now, in your life as it actually is.
Some might question the terminology. They might experience our “life-enhancing” offerings as highly transformational. Or, going through the profound shifts in the Human Sun/Waking Down work, take issue with the notion that The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart might necessarily be a more “intensive” process. Still, we feel that these different terms work well enough. They point to distinct qualities of motivation, desire, and developmental capacity on the part of different people, each of whose unique wants and needs must be addressed on their own terms.
The Core Curriculum Grid
The Core Curriculum Courses
The Waking Down Recitation and Commentary Course
Great Relief Hero's Journey
- Format: 50 recorded presentations
- Description: A 50-session course, in which Saniel reads and offers up-to-date commentary on the classic text of this Way, Waking Down. Saniel's comments draw upon his own more recent teachings and other sources old and new, spiritual, scientific, and cultural. In every session he offers updates and evolutionary refinements on the teachings in the book and reflects in various ways on the dramatic changes that have taken place in the Waking Down® work and community since it was published in early 2014.
- Quadrant: Essential life-transforming, lower left
- Availability: Registration is open. For a free introduction to the seminar, see the preview mini-course “Presenting the Waking Down audio recitation and commentary course.”
— new and updated material; replaces the previous online course of the same name
The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart Seminar
- Format: 10 recorded presentations and 10 recorded conversations with Saniel, Linda Ma and live participants
- Description: This course presents an introductory session and then one session on each of the “Nine Sacred Secrets Your Body Wants You to Know,” as presented in Saniel's book Great Relief. A primary focus: how to stop adding unnecessary, reactive suffering to life's inevitable distress.
- Quadrant: Intensive life-enhancing, upper right
- Availability: Registration is open. For a free introduction, see the preview mini-course “Great Relief for You.”
Waking Down in Mutuality seminar
- Format: 13 recorded presentations and 13 recorded conversations with live participants
- Description: A 13-session course, covering each of this Yoga's “12 Gateways to Advanced Evolutionary Emergence.” Based on six logo-mandalas and key points for each of the dozen gateways, and delivered by Saniel with occasional assistance from Linda Ma. The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart™ as a life-path or Dharma is being offered for the first time with this new structure and detail.
- Quadrant: Intensive life-transforming, lower right
- Availability: Registration is open. For a free introduction to the seminar, see the preview mini-course “The White-Hot Yoga, Waking Down, and You.”
— new and updated material; replaces the Human Sun Experience
Heartfulness: The Art and Science of Optimal Total Wellness
- Format: 13 recorded presentations and 13 recorded conversations with Saniel, Linda Ma and live participants
- Description: This course is our unique expression of the Waking Down or Waking Down in Mutuality™ teachings originated by Saniel and taught here by both Linda Ma and him. Like The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart seminar, this teaching is presented through an overlapping sequence of four triads with three gateways each, and multiple key points for the student's consideration.
- Quadrant: Essential life-transforming, lower left
- Availability: Registration is open. For a free introduction to the seminar, see the preview mini-course “Introducing the Waking Down in Mutuality Seminar.”
— replaces the “Transmission of the Heart” intro course at heartgazing.com)
- Format: 6 sessions
- Description: Our newest teaching, which we hope will speak to the greatest number of people, including many who are not consciously interested in awakening or even spirituality. This course offers easy, simple, actually do-able ways to ease your stress, increase your joy, and brighten your life -- along with study results that back up these practices with neurobiological, evolutionary, and social scientific evidence.
- Quadrant: Essential life-enhancing, upper left
- Availability: not yet available. In the meantime, you might appreciate hearing Michael Schwartz's interview of Saniel at humansuninstitute.com/curriculum where they discuss an integral-flavored rationale for why Saniel and Linda Ma have created these four distinct categories of offerings. Note that this interview took place in 2012 so some of the references to the different parts of the Core Curriculum Quadrant Grid are out of date.
Saniel Bonder & Linda Groves-Bonder
co-founders, Human Sun Institute